Snowicane 2010

For the past few days, we have been gearing up the "Snow-icane". The weather people have been calling it this because we are expected to get 6 - 12 inches of snow in the city with 50-65 mph winds.

On my way to work this morning (a ten min. drive), I drove through: rain, sleet, and snow. There were sparks from a telephone poll causing the power to go out along 58th Street in Astoria, Woodside, and Maspeth. The NYPD and FDNY have their fleet services department along this road. It was quite funny to see various service personnel outside just staring up at the telephone poll. I have a feeling that both the service personnel and the drivers were both thinking the same thing. This is not a good way to start the day.

I'm beginning to think that coming to work today was not the brightest idea due to the fact that it is only 8:55 am and the flakes are already starting to stick. I am not sure who would like an early dismissal/ snow day more...the teachers or the students.

Days like this are when I am truly grateful for having a warm place to go. I cannot imagine having to stay outside in this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment