Spring Has Sprung & Other Thoughts


It's been awhile but, not much has happened.

I've decorated the apartment for spring with various wreaths, flowers, and shells. I spent one Friday afternoon with my hot glue gun just crafting away. It is so much fun to decorate!

The weather has been awful the past few days but, luckily we were able to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary with them on Saturday. It was nice to be home with Dave, Andrew, Chris and my parents. In addition to celebrating their anniversary my mom made St. Patrick's Day dinner for us!

We had our corned beef and cabbage a few days early.(I need to remember to make some Irish Soda Bread for work on Wednesday.) Despite all of the rain in the area, the news reported that many communities still had their St. Patrick's Day Parades. This holiday always reminds me of Scranton namely, the float with the man in the shower and the Irish Wolfhounds. I can honestly say that nobody does St. Patrick's Day like Scranton.



Many of the neighborhoods are flooded and without power. While out and about on Sunday, my mother and I saw a car drove into a giant puddle and was submerged up to the car doors by NYIT. The power companies are predicting that the power will be out for a few more days. We were very fortunate to make it through the storm without experiencing any of the above.

The weather has warmed up a bit. It is no longer snowing but, raining. Daylight savings time told us to "Spring Ahead!" this weekend. I was so excited today because I saw the first signs of Spring! A few of the lawns near the apartment have Daffodils and Crocuses popping up! It was wonderful to see the little bits of purple and green poking out of the muddy ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment