Busy Busy Busy

This has been a week to end all weeks. Luckily, I didn't work on Monday because of Columbus Day. Tuesday was spent preparing for Wednesday. Wednesday was my day to do all that I do for the school. First thing was the Freshmen Assembly Day. Basically, I plan a day that will help orient the Freshmen to the building. My friend/co-worker Sara helps me execute it. (She is such a patient person!) This year we played BINGO and then did a career inventory with them. After that they met their mentors (another program I put together this year). Six teachers agreed to be mentors to small groups of Freshmen. They will encourage them academically and socially. After the Freshmen assembly, we had a faculty meeting. This year we are going through MSA self-study to renew our accreditation. I am facilitating the completion of the report. At the meeting, the faculty completed a survey and began working in their subcommittees. By the end of the day, I was exhausted! Today was a regular day of school. Tomorrow is Walk-A-Thon. We have three periods of classes then the kids begin walking. This year they are walking to raise money for a new van for the school. We have a van but, it is really old and falling apart. It would nice to have a safe vehicle to transport the students to athletic events and school trips. I hope the impending nor'easter doesn't put a kink in our plans. If it rains we will be walking inside.

Tomorrow our apartment/blog will be featured on Nautical by Nature. I love decorating our apartment with nautical accessories. I was so excited when I found out we would be on that blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment