Week in Review

Clearly, the internet issues haven't resolved themselves. I am currently at the hubby's office updating our blog!

I was so excited that I finally got to speak to a dear friend from college. I'm not sure when the last time was that we actually had a conversation but, its been awhile. I realized that since December 2009 a lot has changed. In December, Jenn, Eliz, Amber, and I got together to celebrate Christmas in Scranton. It was just us girls! Now, Jenn has a daughter and I am married. I wonder what the rest of the year will bring. I wonder if we will get together in Scranton again this winter.


This week was filled with rain, rain, and more rain. Unfortunately, this made the week seem inordinately long.

Tuesday night was volleyball. Thursday night was back to school night at work. Due to the threat of another tornado we only had 50ish parents there. Generally, the parents that came were not the parents that needed to come.

I am glad to finally get to the weekend. It was wonderfully refreshing to sleep 10 1/2 hours and wake up to sunshine and cool weather. The hubby and I decided to hang around Astoria instead of going to Dutchess or Montauk. Perhaps in the coming weeks, we will make it to either location.



I introduced the hubby to the pumpkin latte at Dunkin' Donuts. YUM!! Unfortunately, he wasn't as excited about it as I was. After perusing some of our favorite shops, we made it to evening Mass at St. Joseph's. It appears that I can't escape the Lutherans as today's sermon was about a Lutheran Pastor who was killed by the Nazi's at a concentration camp for his faith. Oh well...as one of my coworkers stated earlier in the week, I am Lutheran by proxy.

I am excited to enjoy brunch with my parents tomorrow at Pomme Cafe. They have a $14 dollar brunch deal that includes Bellinis!

No comments:

Post a Comment