Fake Friday

Why is today fake Friday?
I have to go to work tomorrow! ARG! The hubby and I are proctoring the SATs. Hopefully, things will go smoothly and we will still have most of the day to relax after they are over. We definitely need to do a little cleaning this weekend.

Normally, I celebrate Friday. I love Fridays. Two whole days to recover from the previous week and get ready for the following week. Two glorious mornings to sleep in. Two fabulous days to enjoy sunshine and relaxation.

The good news is that we have Thursday off so I get my two wonderful days, just not together.

This week was super busy and super productive even up until the last second. It was a little weird when I made a phone call to an agency at 3:30 today and the woman on the other end of the phone was completely crazed. My general rule of thumb is if you are too hyper to speak coherently let the call go to voicemail.

On a side note...

I officially feel old. One of my former students is engaged. YIKES! My 27th birthday is coming up on the 13th.

I share my special day with my mother. It is wonderful being able to share our birthdays. I have absolutely no idea what we will do to celebrate.

Will my birthday be different now that I am married?

There will be lots of firsts this year. We had our first married Halloween. Our first married birthdays. Our first married Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. It will be lots of fun.

At the moment, our biggest "married" challenge is figuring out how we will celebrate the holidays. We have not come to a conclusion yet. However, to avoid making the decision, I have seriously been looking at some cruises over the holidays. (Don't worry. I won't do it. But, it would be easier than making the decision.) The most difficult part of the holidays is that no matter what decision we make we will be disappointing someone. I HATE THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment