Where have I been?

On Wednesday, the faculty left for ECLEC. We have been eagerly waiting for this since the last one three years ago. We were privileged to ride together in the new school van. It was a nice treat to be able to be together. In the past, we have been split up in to various cars. This conference was a wonderful opportunity for fun, fellowship, rejuvenation, and professional development. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. I learned to play two new card games. (I don't know that I am particularly good at either.) We talked a lot about how to help our struggling students, how to do motivate them to do homework and bullying.
(It is unfortunate that bullying is such a big issue.) We returned on Friday. I slept to make up for all of the lost sleep over the past few days.

On Saturday, the hubby, some friends, and I joined my family for Fordham v. Georgetown in the Bronx. The team won and we got to have some tasty italian food on Arthur Ave.

On Sunday, we went to my parents house to help hand out candy and celebrate Halloween. I broke out the old green M&M costume. We had a few laughs. There were several children dressed as Michael Jackson. ( A sign of the times...I guess...)

No comments:

Post a Comment