My Twenty-Sixth Year

Today is the last day of my twenty-sixth year.

I like the idea of this blog, since it gives me an opportunity to remember special occasions that I share with my wife, my parents or someone else close to me. I thought it would be a fun way for our (possible) future children to find out about their parents' lives at the early part of their marriage. I always wondered what it would have been like to meet my mother or father at age 26. What was it like for them to live in a different city? A different state? Maybe even a different country? What were their worries? Their joys? What thoughts went through their minds?

I suppose there is no real way to recreate that. But at least I can preserve some sense of myself online to remember later. I guess the Internet does come in handy sometimes, huh?

A lot of things have happened during the past twelve months. Two of the most significant events were my admission to the bar and my wedding day. Both in their own way are life-changing moments.

My admission to the bar is memorable as the end goal of many years of education. My parents sent me to some great schools, and it resulted in me reaching a career goal. I'm proud of that, and very thankful for the support I received over the years.

My wedding day was the first day of my marriage. It was a wonderful weekend, and my wife and I could not have asked for a better wedding day from our parents. I'm very happy that we are finally together, and that "someday" arrived at last.

It feels like the beginning of a very long journey in our lives, or maybe the first chapter of a long novel. It's hard to see the "end of the road," so to speak, but I suppose we will all find out what the future holds in time.

But for now, I think I'll try and enjoy the moment. Besides, I'll never be 26 again, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment