On a snowy evening...

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

BY ROBERT FROST

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

It snowed so much last night that schools were closed today despite exams. Cars were once again stranded in the street. The hubby had to head to work because "the courts never close". Today is one of those days when you wish you had a sled and a few horses to get you around. Right now, I wish I were at my in-laws home in MD snuggled up next to the first place. Unfortunately, the blueberry is still at the garage so, no trips for us. I hope they are able to maneuver it around without any problems. Hopefully, I will be able to pick it up tomorrow morning. Tomorrow, the kids will be taking their last exam of exam week and Sara and I will be heading out to try to get to bridesmaid dress again. Then, after much anticipation the weekend is here! I am not sure what the plans are but, I'm sure we will both enjoy the two days off. Maybe we'll even get to take that walk in Central Park we've been thinking about!



No comments:

Post a Comment