Six Months of Wedded Bliss


Today is our six month wedding anniversary. I had hoped we would spend the day doing something fun together but, I am sick. Maybe next weekend we will be able to celebrate. I can hardly believe we have only been married for six months. I feels as though we have been married forever.

We spent this past weekend with the hubby's parents in the DC/MD/VA area. We drove home early today and are now spending the day on the couch watching old episodes of Mad Men.

While we were in VA, we visited Mount Vernon. It was just beautiful. I cannot imagine having all of that property and a three story house! Washington literally raised the roof twice. The house was frequently full of guests some that the Washingtons knew and others they did not. The house was built for people of average stature therefore, George Washington had to duck each time he passed through a doorway since he was 6'2".

Apparently, it was purchased by a group of ladies in the 1800's for $200,000. I would love to live there with that beautiful view of the river. There is a wharf on the property that is just beautiful. I can only imagine what it would have looked like in the summer.

We were lucky that we went in winter time because we had the ability to wander around as we pleased without much interruption from others visiting the grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment