Why is It so Hard to Relax?

Do you ever get the feeling that you can never truly relax over a weekend? No matter where you work or what you do for a living, you probably look forward to a few days off at the end of the week. I definitely do, and I like where I work. Problem is, I takes me a while to "come down" from the stress of the work week. On a Saturday, I still wake up at my usual time, ready to get started. It's like my mind knows I have a day off, but my body is used to its morning routine. It sometimes takes a few hours or even a day to calm down and stop worrying about work and what I need to accomplish the next week. By the time I'm completely at ease, it's already Sunday afternoon! Oh well. I guess that's the way life is for right now. We'll see if things are different once we find a new place to call home. At least our building is letting us get out of our lease a little early and get started on the next chapter of married life. But it will be even better once things are settled and a plan is made. Hoping to get outside with the wife tomorrow. It makes it easier to relax and have fun when you have someone to share it with, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment