For everything there is a season...


I know I have probably said this before but, why can't stores just accept that summer is summer and fall is fall. There is absolutely no need to have Halloween and Christmas decorations out in AUGUST! A few days ago, I went to the super sale they were having at Pier 1. I was looking at the cute summer things that are now like 86 cents and this little girl standing next to me was enamored with a giant spider they were marketing for Halloween. Okay, now like everyone else, I know the Fall is coming. So, I was able to shrug  off the Halloween decorations. But, when I ran into the grocery store for something for a friend, they had CHRISTMAS decorations out!!! It appears as though they have skipped Fall entirely and have simply gone on to CHRISTMAS. Of course, I didn't say anything or throw a fit. I just quietly shook my head and walked in the other direction...

I still have two weeks until I go back to school. Therefore, I am unwilling to accept that Fall is coming or Winter is just around the corner. I am going to savor every minute of Summer that is left. I am not ready to give up the smell of the beach and sunblock. I am not ready to empty the sand out of my car or put away the beach towels and beach chairs. I want Summer to stick around for at least the next two weeks. (After I am back at work it will be Fall but, not until I say so!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment