Homemade Tomato Sauce

The hubby's dad makes some of the best tomato sauce around. Therefore, when the hubby and I started dating I asked him to make me tomato sauce. Just like his dad, he created fabulous sauce. Now, my dad has graciously given us two bunches of tomatoes from the garden in the backyard and I have started making garden fresh tomato sauce to freeze. It is nice not to have to buy sauce in the grocery store.

So far the recipe is based on: Olive oil, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, heirloom tomatoes (or whatever happens to be ready) and one small can of plain, unflavored tomato sauce...Last time I used balsamic vinegar and it added a funny flavor. (It was suggested on a blog somewhere...not good.) This time we got free mushrooms from the grocery store so we threw a bunch of those in as well! I love mushrooms so I hope this batch comes out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment