Red Tailed Hawk, Kissena Park

So the LORD God formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the air, and he brought them to the man to see what he would call them; whatever the man called each living creature was then its name.
Genesis 2:19
While I was taking a stroll through Kissena Park, I came across this beautiful bird. It obviously wasn't pigeon, sparrow, mockingbird, or any of the usual birds...
I wanted to see how close I could get...
Then the bird posed and flew away to a higher tree. It probably heard me coming.
Now, it thinks it's hiding. I thought it was so pretty. We had seen Red Tailed Hawks in California but, I had never seen one in NY. After doing a bit of internet research, apparently people have been rescuing and releasing Red Tailed Hawks in NYC parks. It is so exciting to see these beautiful birds flying around! I'm sure they will find this area very tasty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment