7 Quick Takes


1- This week I discovered I can no longer comfortably reach my toes while standing. I always thought it was a great thing that I was flexible and able to bend and stretch. Now, not so much. The little one is growing!
2- I am enjoying sharing bits of pregnancy with my students. They enjoy asking about the baby and what it's like having a little person inside of you. They want to know exactly when he will be here, exactly how big he is, and exactly how much he can hear. It's quite cute.
3- We gave our notice to our landlady this week that we will be moving on May 1. No more NYC living for a little while. We aren't exactly sure where things will take us but, I'm sure it will all work out. Our landlady has been wonderful to us and was extremely disappointed that we are leaving.
4- As of Monday, it will be less than 80 days until our due date! I can't believe how close we are getting to meeting our little one. I'm  enjoying getting ready but, I also am enjoying knowing that he is safe and sound. Once he comes out, I will have much more to worry about!
5- We have pretty much picked out paint colors for the nursery. Our friends Sara and Matt are going to come over next Sunday to help us paint. I can't wait to see how it will look.
6- This week my cousin passed away suddenly so, we will be attending a funeral on Saturday morning. Things like this remind you to make sure you tell your family and friends how much they mean to you. He left for work in the morning and had a massive heart attack. His wife was notified by the police. Please pray for their family.
7- I've been trying to strategically pack for our move. We actually have far more stuff that I thought we did. We have been downsizing and giving things away but, I need to start to think of where we are going to put things. I was actually thinking of making a scale drawing of the new space we have available and seeing how everything would fit. We'll see how motivated I am this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your cousin! I will pray for him.

    And that's so exciting your due date is getting closer (although time seems to slow the closer you get to your due date!)

    ReplyDelete