7 Quick Takes: Baby Edition

-1-
Proud Mommy Moment of the Week: 
The little guy had his weight check on Wednesday since he hadn't gained any weight between leaving the hospital last Saturday and his pediatrician appointment on last Wednesday. Our little one gained 8 oz. in 7 days! There was lots of cheering in the exam room from the nurse, the doctor, and mommy when they weighed him. 

-2-
We are trying to get back into a "normal" routine. My mother went back to work on Thursday so, the little guy and I are on our own until Daddy gets home from work. It is interesting trying to figure out what "normal" will be. I enjoy seeing that the little one has some patterns to his behavior already. (If you can't tell, I'm a planner!) 

-3-
Breast feeding is difficult and stressful but, ultimately super rewarding. I am grateful for the support of friends and family. Many people have said that it is almost impossible to successfully breast feed without support because of the exhaustion and frustration that sometimes occurs. 

-4-
Showering is one of the small luxuries that I took for granted before the little guy arrived. I wait anxiously everyday for the opportunity to take a relaxing shower. I know I could just bring the little guy in his rock n' play into the bathroom but, I would really like my down time. 

-5- 
I have discovered that teaching has prepared me for motherhood because I am used to functioning on very little sleep. Don't get me wrong, I am tired but, it is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. (I know he's only two weeks old but, I was picturing no sleep at all.)

-6-
One of the perks of having a baby at this time of year in NY is that the weather is relatively mild so we can go take a walk everyday without having to worry about freezing/roasting the little one. It is definitely good for me to get outside everyday and do something other than watch him sleep, feed him, or change him. 

-7-
We are overwhelmed by the generosity of family and friends. It is unbelievable how many people have stopped by, sent cards, or sent gifts. We are thrilled to pieces that our little one is home and healthy and look forward to sharing him with our friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment