Guest Post At imperfectkate: On Modesty and Motherhood

I have a  guest post at imperfectkate as part of Kate's Modesty Monday posts. After becoming a mom just a few weeks ago, I had some time to reflect on how pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood has affected my perception of modesty in my day to day interactions with friends, family, strangers, and medical professionals.

One of the first things I thought about when I found out I was pregnant was the delivery process and how many people would be seeing “everything”. I’ve never been one for revealing clothing. I was educated in Catholic schools from Kindergarten through college, including an all-girls Catholic high school. Therefore, I grew up wearing knee length skirts, shirts buttoned up to the top, and knee socks...continue reading at imperfectkate.

No comments:

Post a Comment