7 Quick Takes


This week, I've been doing a lot reading online. There are so many great articles/blogs. It's a fantastic way to keep my brain working while I'm away from teaching.

-1-
This article was mind-blowing because as a former NYC HS teacher, we couldn't even give the kids a cough drop. Never mind the ramifications of giving the children prescription contraceptives.
-2-
Folk music in Catholic Churches: Does it belong in the Mass?
After attending a quasi-rock Mass on Sunday I've been giving a lot of thought to the role of music  in the Liturgy. I was taught in HS how to pick music for a Mass and it really bothers me when people use the music as an opportunity for grandstanding. 
-3-
Because sometimes you just need a little encouragement...
-4-
YES! Someone gets it!

-6-
Mayim Bialik's Blog
Simply because I LOVE her. She has definitive beliefs that she stands by regardless of the situation. She is an incredible parent and wonderful role model for young mothers.

-7-
What have you been reading this week? Feel free to send me some fodder for thought! 

1 comment:

  1. I love Mayim! How she lives her faith is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete