I am really a stay at home mom.

The kids are back to school. The teachers are back to work. The LIE is backed up at Utopia Pkwy.

What am I going to do? I need to get into a routine.  Do any of you stay at home moms have a routine you love? Please share!

So far, I've decided that Charlie and I are going to go to a Mommy & Me class at the local library. It is great that they have a class just about every other week FOR FREE! Charlie and I will try to take a walk everyday assuming weather is permitting. I will try to blog 2 - 3 times per week while Charlie is napping. I will try to cook a healthy budget friendly meal at least two times per week.

This week the two things I plan to cook are:

Monterey Chicken (inspired by Rachel)

BBQ Black Bean Thin Crust Pizza

Ingredients:
1 thin pizza crust (I use Pillsbury)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 diced onion
1 sweet pepper
2 tsp oil
2.5 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c bbq sauce

Procedure:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Saute onion and pepper until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft. (You may want to cook the peppers and onions separately as the peppers take longer to cook.) Spread the crust on a pizza pan or directly on the rack. Spread the bbq sauce on the crust. Add peppers, onions, and beans. Cover with cheddar cheese. Place in oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
Photobucket

StoneGable

1 comment: