Just one of those weeks...

It appears to be one of those weeks where Charlie has given up sleeping...no napping...no overnight sleeping. He does fall asleep while nursing but, only for 20 minutes to one hour. That makes one sleep deprived mommy. Yes, I know this happens...Yes, I know he is a baby...but, that doesn't make it any easier. Last week he slept 6-8 hours. I miss it!

Yesterday, I really felt like I just had absolutely no patience. I am grateful for the girls at #CathSorority. Their kind words and prayers helped me to put things in perspective yesterday.

This whole "mom" stuff isn't easy. Yesterday, for the first time, I thought it might have just been easier to go back to my old job. (Which is completely shocking because I never would have thought teaching 7 out of 8 periods a day of math would be appealing.)

Today, I know I wouldn't give this up for anything.

Yes, I'm exhausted.
Yes, I haven't showered.
Yes, I'm in my pj's.
Yes, I haven't done laundry.
Yes, I haven't washed the floor.

But,

I am able to spend the day at home with Charlie.
I will be able to shower later because my wonderful husband will come home.
I have clean clothes to put on when I get a chance.
I made Charlie smile.
I hear Charlie's squeals and giggles.

I took a break while typing this to check out some blogs and I found this prayer. It is PERFECT for days like these. It makes me feel better to know that there are other people who have rough days and they get through it.

Plan for today:

- Stuff pocket diapers
- Get at least one load of laundry done
- Wash kitchen and bathroom floor
- Vacuum first floor


Linking to:
Photobucket
MercyINK

1 comment:

  1. How old is your little one? My bff just had a baby that is now 6 weeks old and she is constantly battling with the baby to sleep- that little tike just doesn't want to go down! It must be so hard, but there is beauty in every moment- we just have to find it! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better... I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete