Why I love nights and weekends

I'm a stay at home mom and love spending time with my little guy during the day. However, I have begun to LOVE nights and weekends because the hubby is home. We've always had an equal partnership. This means we both handle our finances, our chores, and now our child. We don't have clearly defined jobs in our marriage but, I think it works because we both have a sense of what needs to be done.
The LORD God said: "It is not good for the man to be alone.
I will make a suitable partner for him."
-Genesis 2:18

I often think back to our PreCana classes, in particular when we were discussing the FOCCUS questionnaire. I found this questionnaire interesting because we scored exceptionally high. I was super proud of our perfect score in problem solving! I kind of feel like our team approach to all things marriage and family works because of our problem solving abilities.

On weekdays (and soon some weekends) when the hubby is at work, I feel like I am missing one of my arms or part of my brain. Some might say that's because I'm with an infant all day who babbles nonsense but, I honestly think it is because my partner, my equal, is not there with me. Two brains are absolutely better than one and. Four arms are absolutely better than two, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER!

God made them male and female.
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh.

In just two short years of marriage and four short months of being a parent, we are an inseparable team. The priest who presided over our wedding Mass spoke to us about how we should have a competition regarding who could love the other more not a competition as to who is more "right" or more "productive". He was absolutely right. Each day, the hubby and I do very different things. However, our goal is to do what is best for our family each and every day.

As I am writing this, I am reminded that while we are inseparable team that works together like a well oiled machine we do have disagreements. But, we do not allow these disagreements to break apart the team because we know that we both want what is best for our family. Of course, there are days when we go to bed angry because when you are tired isn't the best time to hash out something that requires careful thought and consideration for your partner. Just because you may go to bed angry doesn't mean that your spouse doesn't love you, in our house it mean that you love each other enough not to hurt the other by saying things that you don't mean because you are exhausted.

Having an infant, whose sleep schedule is sporadic at best, has definitely changed our relationship however, we are learning how to make our marriage stronger as a result.

Linking to: MercyINK and Cornerstone Confessions

1 comment:

  1. I love, love when my husband comes home. I feel bad sometimes because he's on the phone all day and I'm at home talking to no one. The second he walks in the door I bombard him with all the details of the day. The poor thing just wants to sit in silence for a few minutes. He's learned it's best just to let me chat!

    ReplyDelete