Stash Bash


This week I've been making a bunch of gift bags in varying sizes. I've found that they are a nice way to make a gift just a bit more special. I plan on using the bags to wrap Christmas gifts because they are reusable! I made a "bag of cheer" for our good friends who lost their home as a result of Hurricane Sandy. It was interesting for me because the fabric I used was some of the first fabric I had ever purchased.

On September 13, 2008, Hurricane Ike made landfall in Galveston, Texas. As a result, friends of mine went to Galveston to do relief work. One of the their requests was for curtains for the FEMA trailers down there. The fabric I used for the "bag of cheer" was a remnant from the curtains I made for the people in the FEMA trailers in Galveston. At the time, I chose this fabric because it was bright and cheery. It is still is! It still makes me smile so, I hope it made our friends smile today.

Here is the video of the tutorial I used as a jumping off point:

No comments:

Post a Comment