A perfect evening...

Our little Christmas tree is lit and decorated...
Our sweet little boy is curled up in his pack n play...
We are curled up watching White Christmas...
Absolute perfection!

via


I love sitting by the tree looking at the beautiful lights. As a little kid, my father used to tell us to give the tree the "squint test" to make sure the tree had enough lights on it. Basically, you squint your eyes and if there are any bare spots on the tree. You need more lights! The most peaceful place during the Christmas season is always at night by the tree with the lights on.

This year since we are with my parents things are a little different but, I insisted that we have a little tree of our own to put our family ornaments on. Unfortunately due to flooding we lost the angel that I had as a little girl. However, this year for Charlie's first Christmas we decided to get a new angel for our tree. She may be a little big for our teeny tree this year but, as Charlie grows and our tree grows she'll be just right.

I would love to own this dress.


It is just a luxury to be able to watch a movie together usually we barely make it through the opening credits. White Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas movies because the costumes are absolutely beautiful. There isn't an outfit in that movie that I don't love. It is a sweet story that ends happily ever after. I just love it! Interestingly it is on the USCCB's top 20 Christmas movie list. I can't believe how many of these movies I haven't seen. I definitely need to catch up. How many of them have you seen?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet little glimpse into your family's life :-)

    AS for that list of movies: I'm pretty bad at seeing them! I have seen A Christmas Story too many times to count, as well as visited the house that was the set for that movie :-) It's a Wonderful Life is one of my FAVORITE movies of all time. I think I saw the Muppet one as a child, but I want to watch it again. I've seen many versions of A Christmas Carol, but not that one. I saw the Polar Express, but I was extremely disappointed. I don't know what it was, but it just was very slow and boring (and I read the book and loved it). I just put White Christmas and Miracle on 34th Street on my netflix instant queue. Hoping to talk Stephen into watching them with me soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete