Finding peace without wishing the days away

When I was single...I wished I was dating...

When I was dating...I wished I would be married...

When I was married...I wished I would be a mom...

Now that I'm a mom...

I don't want the days to go so quickly anymore. That's not to say I don't wish for things or situations to change. (Please God, let him sleep through the night!)

source


I can't help but wonder why as a younger person I wanted to rush things especially when I know we were put in a particular place at a particular time for a particular reason. 

When I was in college when I signed up for the Freshmen retreat. Not everyone was picked to go. You couldn't pick when you were going or who you were going with. I was selected for the retreat March 8, 2002. Out of the 1,000 + freshmen, my hubby was also picked for that same retreat. Coincidence? No. Divine Providence. 

Divine providence (God's intervention in the world) will provide us what we need when we need it, according to His will not ours. We should pray daily that God's will is done in our lives. We will find peace in our lives when we accept that we do not necessarily know what God has planned for us.

"...Man cannot be justified, compared with GodIf he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one for a thousand. He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who has resisted him, and has had peace?" Job 9: 2-4 

No matter what it is, God knows what is in our hearts and on our minds and will provide according to his will. He may not provide us with the actual physical object we desire but he will provide us with the spiritual help needed to make fulfill our desires. 

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
2 Corinthians 9:8

2 comments: