I never wanted to be a wrestler...

When you see the Pampers and Huggies commercials, you see these happy moms changing a smiling baby's diaper.
source
I wonder how they do that. 

This is what is looks like in my house. 

source
I never wanted to be a wrestler yet, it appears that once my precious little boy learned to roll over I quickly have become one.

Want to change a diaper?


Hold his feet. Flip him over. Slide the old diaper off (assuming he hasn't already taken it off). Flip him onto his back again because in the process of taking off the dirty diaper he is flipped over again. Pin him down. Slide the diaper under and attempt to snap while he is crawling away like a mad man.

Want to put pants on?

Don't bother. He's wearing Baby Legs because if I had to choose between pants and diaper. I choose the diaper.

I'm out of breath.

Charlie is crawling and pulling himself up.

I gotta go.

(Side note: Kudos to all those moms out there with 2 or more in diapers because I just don't know how you do it.)

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha I agree! My mom always said it was like wrestling an alligator.
    Indeed.

    I'm exhausted just thinking about the next diaper change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!

    I forced Siena into potty training about a week after James was born. She wasn't quite ready, but two in diapers was just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, this! We have found that giving her a toy or a book to hold works now (she has been crawling/pulling up for 3 months now, and the toy thing is recent). She actually cries when we put her on her back to change her diaper, but often shuts right up to look through a book. It's like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am still struggling with similar issues. I have a two and three year old whom I stay home with during the day. It's amazing how much flipping around they can do!

    Following you from Bloggy Moms!
    BLOG: http://wholesouljewelry.blogspot.com/
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/WholeSoulJewelry
    WEBSITE: http://www.wholesouljewelry.com/

    ReplyDelete